What To Expect At Your Massage
While the massage experience I provide is both relaxing and therapeutic, having a massage – especially if it’s your first time – can be a little mystifying. To help put you at ease with your massage experience, these are the details you can expect on the day of your massage.
Ready for Your Massage?
Your Massage Experience
- Parking is available behind the building, and entrance is on the side of the building, through the EZ Beauty door; this opens to a shared waiting room between my treatment space and EZ Beauty’s.
- After showing you into the room, I will leave briefly to allow you time to undress down to your comfort level. Because gentle stretching may be a part of the session, it is recommended to keep at least either bottom undergarments on, or wear or bring athletic/knit shorts to change into.
- Massage oil used is either jojoba oil infused with lavender oil, or a shea butter based massage cream from Rebel Massage. I use skin friendly, nontoxic products for happy clients and happy (therapist) hands.
- During your massage, you will be covered by a sheet and a blanket. Only the body part that is being worked on will be undraped.
- When laying face down, rest your arms wherever they are comfortable. If your arms need to be moved during your massage, I will communicate this with you, and assist as needed.
- Because massage therapy is therapeutic in nature, Health Savings Accounts may be able to be used! Check with your specific policy. I am set up to be able to take HSA cards.
- Additionally, a prescription for massage will waive the sales tax that normally has to be charged for a massage service.
During this unprecedented time, I have incorporated several new steps in my practice of massage to encourage our mutual safety and protection.
The Massage Room
- All surfaces a previous client or myself may have touched will be disinfected: Massage table, face rest and oil and lotion bottles. Openings to oil and lotion bottles are no-contact.
- The restroom is disinfected after each client use.
- All massage table linens are freshly changed for each client.
- A HEPA filter is running at all times.
At Your Massage
- Hand sanitizer is available for you to apply before beginning your massage.
- I wash my hands directly before beginning your massage, and promptly after it ends.
- Masks are now optional in accordance with the CDC recommendations. A copy of those recommendations can be found here.
- My default is to wear a mask at the start of a session with new clients, and continue wearing a mask, regardless of my own vaccinated status, during any session where a client chooses to keep a mask on.
If you are sick, stay home! My cancellation policy allows for some flexibility in the case of illness. Please let me know as soon as you are able to if you are not able to come in due to illness. In all other cases, I require 48 hours’ notice for cancellation OR rescheduling. Less than 48 hours’ notice will incur a charge equal to 50% of the cost of the service missed, and less than 24 hours’ notice will incur a charge equal to 100% of the cost of the service missed.
In the case of a no call, no show, a cancellation fee equal to the cost of the service missed will be applied.
Cancellation fees must be paid prior to being able to book again.